Choosing a Contractor
- Check references-but mainly ask family, friends, neighbors and call your local shingle distributor.
- Be sure the contractor is established locally and will be around to fix any problems.
- Look for a contractor that does not pressure you and is honest.
- Remember it is always best if you have initiated the phone call to the contractor and be very careful with people that show up at your door.
- Compare estimates to make sure all material is included in the bids you receive.
- Verify that the contractor you hire has a good credit history or a lien could be placed on your property for unpaid bills.
- Ask for a certificate of insurance for proof of their liability and worker’s compensation insurance.
Did you Know?
- If the roofing contractor does not install the shingles correctly, your warranty could be void.
- A lien can be placed on your property if the contractor does not pay for your material.
- If you have defective shingles, you may receive a settlement from the manufacturer and we can help you with the claim process.
Neemann is a great company. They are easy to work with and had excellent service. The crew who re-roofed our home was professional, hard-working and cleaned up at end of the day. We would highly recommend Neemann & Sons. Cathy Hedstrom